Mexican Beans Recipe
Mexican Beans Recipes
225 g red kidney beans
1 large onion
1 garlic clove
1 tbsp oil
450 g raw minced beef
2 tsp chili powder
pinch of ground cumin
450 g canned tomatoes
25 g tomato purée
- Soak the beans overnight in cold
- Drain well and cover with fresh
- Bring to the boil, cover and
simmer for 1 hour.
- Drain well.
- If preferred, canned beans may be
used, which only need draining.
- Chop the onion finely and crush
the garlic clove.
- Cook in the oil until soft and
- Add the meal and stir over low
heat until the meat is well browned.
- Stir well so that the pieces of
meat remain separate.
- Add the chili powder and cook for
- Stir in the sugar, cumin, tomatoes
and their juice and tomato purée.
- Simmer for 30 minutes, stirring
- Add the beans and simmer for 15
minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot.
This version of chili con carne is
spicy with a creamy texture. It is very good served with wholemeal bread
and a green salad.
Serves 4 - 6
Get the above cooking ingredients here
to cook Vegetarian Recipes
Subscribe to our newsletter
More Peas, Beans, Pulses Recipes
101 Vegetarian Recipes All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |