Lentil and Tomato Bake Recipe
Lentil and Tomato Bake Recipes
225 g lentils
600 ml water
1 medium onion
1 tbsp oil
450 g canned tomatoes
1 green pepper
salt and pepper
- Put the lentils and water into a
pan with a pinch of salt.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for
about 45 minutes until the lentils are soft.
- Chop the onion finely and cook in
the oil until soft and golden.
- Stir into the lentils.
- Drain the tomatoes (saving the
liquid of soup).
- Chop the tomatoes roughly and mix
with the lentils.
- Add finely chopped green pepper
and season well.
- Put the mixture into a greased
ovenware dish and bake at 300F, Gas 2 for 1 hour.
- Serve hot.
A good side dish to serve with curry,
but particularly delicious if pork sausages are placed on the mixture
Serves 4 - 6
Get the above cooking ingredients here
to cook Vegetarian Recipes
Subscribe to our newsletter
More Peas, Beans, Pulses Recipes
101 Vegetarian Recipes All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |