Jumping Bean Bake Recipe
Jumping Bean Bake Recipes
of cayenne pepper
2 tbsp dry
grated, low fat hard cheese
- Place beans in a bowl and add
sufficient water to cover.
- Leave to soak overnight.
- The following day, drain the beans
and rinse thoroughly under cold, running water.
- Place in a saucepan, add fresh
water to cover.
- Bring to the boil, then reduce
heat to simmer for 1 hour, or until tender.
- Drain beans, discard water.
- Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the tomato
purée, cayenne pepper and oregano.
- Lightly grease a pie dish or small
- Arrange a layer of beans on the
base, cover with a layer of tomato; repeat layering.
- Top with grated cheese and
- Bake in a preheated oven for 15-20
minutes, or until topping has browned.
As an accompaniment - Serve hot,
garnished with chopped parsley.
As a main course - Serve hot,
accompanied by a crisp, green salad.
Serves : 2 as a main course; 4 as a side
Get the above cooking ingredients here
to cook Vegetarian Recipes
Subscribe to our newsletter
More Peas, Beans, Pulses Recipes
101 Vegetarian Recipes All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |