100 g chick peas
2 garlic cloves
2 tbsp tahini
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp lemon juice
salt and pepper
2 tsp chopped fresh mint
- Soak the chick peas in cold water
- Drain them well and cover with
fresh cold water.
- Bring to the boil and then simmer
for about 2 hours until soft.
- Drain and reserve 8 tbsp cooking
- Put the cooked chick peas into a
liquidizer with the peeled garlic, tahini, oil, lemon juice, salt
- Add the reserved liquid.
- Blend to a soft creamy paste.
- Adjust seasoning.
- Spoon into a serving bowl and
sprinkle with mint.
A creamy pate which is full of flavor.
It may be served as part of a salad meal, or as a spread for crusty
Serves 4 - 6
Get the above cooking ingredients here
to cook Vegetarian Recipes
Subscribe to our newsletter
More Peas, Beans, Pulses Recipes
101 Vegetarian Recipes All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |