Farm House Beans Recipe
Farm House Beans Recipes
225 g butter beans
1 medium onion
2 celery sticks
1 bay leaf
40 g butter
40 g plain flour
450 ml milk
50 g grated Cheddar cheese
pinch of grated nutmeg
salt and pepper
1 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- Soak the beans overnight in cold
- Drain well and cover with fresh
- Add chopped onion and celery, and
the bay leaf.
- Bring to the boil and then simmer
for 1 hour.
- Drain well and discard the bay
- Melt the butter and work in the
- Cook for 1 minute and gradually
work in the milk.
- Stir over low heat until the sauce
is thick and creamy.
- Take off the heat and stir in the
Cheddar cheese, nutmeg, salt and pepper.
- Mix the beans, onion and celery
with the cheese sauce and place in a greased ovenware dish.
- Slice the tomatoes and arrange on
top, and sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese.
- Grill under medium heat until
golden, and sprinkle with chopped parsley.
Other types of beans may be used for
this dish, but butter beans have a slightly floury texture which goes
well with the creamy cheese sauce and slightly crisp vegetables.
Serves 4 - 6
Get the above cooking ingredients here
to cook Vegetarian Recipes
Subscribe to our newsletter
More Peas, Beans, Pulses Recipes
101 Vegetarian Recipes All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |