Chick Pea Flan With Oat Pastry Recipe
Chick Pea Flan With Oat Pastry Recipes
350 g chick peas
1 large onion
stock or water
2 garlic cloves
1 tbsp tahini
1 tbsp lemon juice
3 tbsp oil
10 stoned black olives
2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
150 g plain flour
50 g rolled oats
pinch of salt
1 tsp dried mixed herbs
100 g vegetable margarine
3 tbsp water
- Wash the chick peas well under
- Cover with cold water and soak
- Drain well, rinse, and put into a
saucepan with stock or water to cover.
- Slice the onion and add to the
- Bring to the boil, boil for 10
minutes, then cover and simmer for about 1.5 hours until peas are
soft, and liquid has almost evaporated.
- Put into liquidizer with garlic,
tahini, lemon juice and oil, and blend with smooth (or put through a
- Peel half the tomatoes, and cut
- Discard the seeds and chop the
- Fold into the chick pea mixture
and season with salt to taste.
- Chill while making the pastry.
- Mix together the flour, oats, salt
- Rub in the margarine and make into
a dough with water.
- Roll out and line a 9" flan tin.
- Prick lightly and cover with a
piece of greaseproof paper.
- Fill the flan case with baking
- Bake at 400F, Gas 6 for 35
- Cool slightly, remove carefully
from tin and allow to become cold.
- Spread in the chick pea mixture.
- Slice the remaining tomatoes and
arrange on top of the flan.
- Garnish with olives and sprinkle
- Serve with salad.
The smooth and tasty filling is a
pleasant contrast to a textured pastry and is offset by fresh tasting
tomatoes and olives.
Serves 4 - 6
Get the above cooking ingredients here
to cook Vegetarian Recipes
Subscribe to our newsletter
More Peas, Beans, Pulses Recipes
101 Vegetarian Recipes All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |