Butter Bean Pie Recipe
Butter Bean Pie Recipes
450 g butter beans
1 large onion
25 g butter
100 g button mushrooms
1 tbsp tomato purée
1/2 tsp basil
salt and pepper
450 g canned tomatoes
75 g hard
margarine or butter
- Soak the butter beans overnight in
- Drain well and cover with fresh
- Bring to the boil, cover and
simmer for about 11/4 hours until tender.
- Drain well.
- Chop the onion finely and cook in
butter until soft and golden.
- Lift out the onion and reserve.
- Quarter the mushrooms and cook in
the butter for 3 minutes, stirring well.
- Mix together the beans, onions,
mushrooms, tomatoes and their juice, tomato purée, basil and plenty
- Put into an 8" (20cm) pie dish and
leave until cold.
- To make the pastry, rub the fat
into the flour and salt and mix with the water.
- Roll out and cover the bean
mixture and cut a slit in the center.
- Bake at 200C (400F), Gas 6 for 30
For speed, a can of butter beans may be
used for this pie, which is good served with a crisp green salad.
Serves 4 - 6
Get the above cooking ingredients here
to cook Vegetarian Recipes
Subscribe to our newsletter
More Peas, Beans, Pulses Recipes
101 Vegetarian Recipes All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |