Bean and Vegetable Casserole Recipe
Bean and Vegetable Casserole Recipes
1 large onion
25 g butter
1 garlic clove
100 g French beans
100 g button mushrooms
200 ml chicken stock
salt and pepper
2 bay leaves
sprig or thyme or rosemary
450 g cans Barbecue Beans
335 g can sweet corn kernels
4 tbsp canned chick peas
8 small slices French bread
25 g butter
40 g grated Cheddar cheese
- Slice the onion thinly and fry
gently in the butter for 5 minutes.
- Add crushed garlic and continue
for frying for 1 minute.
- Put into a casserole.
- Add topped and tailed beans,
thickly sliced courgettes, mushrooms, stock, seasoning and herbs.
- Cover and cook at 350F, Gas 4 for
- Stir in the Barbecue Beans,
drained sweet corn and chick peas.
- Cover and continue baking for 20
- Spread the bread with butter and
sprinkle with cheese.
- Put under a hot grill until
bubbling and golden.
- Serve the casserole very hot,
topped with the cheese slices.
A flavor, packed meal which may be
prepared with cans of beans and pulses.
Serves 4 - 6
Get the above cooking ingredients here
to cook Vegetarian Recipes
Subscribe to our newsletter
More Peas, Beans, Pulses Recipes
101 Vegetarian Recipes All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |