leeks, well washed
butter or margarine
stalk celery, chopped
potatoes, peeled and sliced thinly
freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Slice the onion and white part of
the leek finely.
- Melt butter in saucepan, sauté
onion and leek gently under tender.
- Do not let them brown.
- Add chicken stock, celery,
potatoes, chopped parsley and seasoning.
- Simmer for 15 minutes, cool
- Puree in a food processor, then
strain through a sieve.
- Add milk and cream, reheat gently.
- Cool and chill thoroughly.
- Serve Vichyssoise in chilled
- Float a little whipped cream and
curly leek needles on top of soup.
Prepare leek needles from the soft
green tops of the leek. Shred these finely and drop them into iced water
so they will curl. Drain and use as a garnish.
Get the above cooking ingredients here
to cook Vegetarian Recipes
Subscribe to our newsletter
More Onions, Alliums Recipes
101 Vegetarian Recipes All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |