Leek and Filo Parcels Recipe
Leek and Filo Parcels Recipes
500g leeks, thinly sliced
1 garlic clove, crushed
4 tbsp crème fraiche, extra to serve
1 tbsp chopped chervil
freshly grated nutmeg
25g fresh white breadcrumbs
25g Parmesan cheese, grated
8 large sheets filo pastry, thawed if
extra virgin olive oil, for brushing
salt and pepper
chervil sprigs, to garnish
- Melt half the butter in frying
pan, add the leeks and garlic and fry over low heat for 4-5 minutes
until leeks are tender.
- Leave to cool slightly and stir in
crème fraiche and chervil.
- Season to taste with nutmeg, salt
- Melt the remaining butter in
another pan, add breadcrumbs and stir fry 4-5 minutes until golden.
- Stir into the leek mixture,
together with the Parmesan.
- Cut each sheet of pastry
lengthways into 3 strips.
- Brush one strip with oil. place a
second on top and brush again (keep the remaining sheets covered
with a damp tea towel as you work, to prevent the pastry from drying
- Place a heaped tbsp of the leek
mixture at one end of the filo pastry.
- Fold over on the diagonal and
continue folding along the length of the pastry to enclose the
- Brush with oil and transfer to an
oiled baking sheet, repeat to make 12 triangles.
- Bake in oven, 400F, gas mark 6,
20-25 minutes until golden.
- Serve with extra crème fraiche,
garnish with chervil.
Get the above cooking ingredients here
to cook Vegetarian Recipes
Subscribe to our newsletter
More Onions, Alliums Recipes
101 Vegetarian Recipes All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |