Middle Eastern Vegetable Stew Cooking Recipe
Middle Eastern Vegetable
pepper, seeded and sliced
sprigs, to garnish
- Heat the vegetable stock in a large flameproof casserole until
boiling, then add the sliced pepper, courgettes, carrots, and
- Stir over high heat for 2 - 3 minutes, until the vegetables are
jut beginning to soften.
- Add the potatoes, tomatoes, chili powder, mint and cumin.
- Add the chick peas and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat, cover the casserole, and simmer for 30 minutes,
or until all the vegetables are tender.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve hot, garnished
with mint leaves.
Serves 4 - 6
A spiced dish of mixed vegetables makes a delicious and filling
vegetarian main course. Children may prefer less chili.
Cooking Tip :
Chick peas are traditional in this type of Middle Eastern dish, but if
you prefer, red kidney beans or navy beans can be used instead.
Other vegetables can be substituted for those in the recipe, just use
whatever you have to hand - try swede, sweet potato or parsnips.
Get the above cooking ingredients here
to cook Vegetarian Recipes
Subscribe to our newsletter
More Mid Week Meal Vegetable Recipes
101 Vegetarian Recipes All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |