Eggplant Parmigiana Recipe
Eggplant Parmigiana Recipes
cloves garlic, finely chopped
Cheddar cheese, finely grated
basil leaves, roughly torn
freshly grated Parmesan
- Score a cross in the base of each
- Cover with boiling water and leave
for about 2 minutes.
- Drain the tomatoes and allow them
- Peel the skin in a downwards
motion, away from the cross, and discard the skin.
- To remove the seeds, cut the
tomatoes in half horizontally and use a spoon to scoop them out.
- Chop the tomatoes roughly.
- Heat the oil in a large frying
pan; add the onion, garlic and salt.
- Cook over moderate heat until the
onion is soft.
- Add the tomato and simmer for 15
- Preheat the oven to moderately hot
- Slice the eggplants very thinly
and shallow fry in oil in batches for 3-4 minutes, or until golden
- Drain on paper towels.
- Place one third of the eggplant
slices over the base of a 7 cup (1.75 liter) ovenproof dish.
- Top with half the bocconcini and
- Repeat the layers, finishing with
a layer of eggplant slices.
- Pour the tomato sauce over the
- Scatter the basil leaves over the
- Sprinkle with the Parmesan and
bake for 40 minutes.
- Drain off any excess oil before
Serves 6 - 8
Preparation : 45 minutes
Cooking : 1 hour 15 minutes
Get the above cooking ingredients here
to cook Vegetarian Recipes
Subscribe to our newsletter
More Mid Week Meal Vegetable Recipes
101 Vegetarian Recipes All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |