Calzone Cooking Recipe
For the filling :
easy blend yeast
onion, thinly sliced
courgettes, about 350 g total weight, sliced
milk, to glaze
- To make the dough, sift the flour and salt into a bowl and stir
in the yeast.
- Stir in just enough warm water to mix to a soft dough.
- Knead for 5 minutes until smooth.
- Cover and leave in a warm place for about 1 hour, or until
doubled in size.
- Meanwhile, to make the filling, heat the oil and sauté the onion
and courgettes for 3 - 4 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and add the tomatoes, cheese, oregano and
- Preheat the oven to 220oC/425oF/Gas 7.
- Knead the dough lightly and divide into four.
- Roll out each piece on a lightly floured surface to a 20 cm or 8
in round, and place a quarter of the filling on one half.
- Brush the edges with milk and fold over to enclose the filling.
- Press firmly to enclose.
- Brush with milk.
- Bake on an oiled baking sheet for 15 - 20 minutes.
- Serve hot or cold.
Cooking Tip :
Don't add too much water to the dough when mixing
otherwise the dough will be difficult to roll out - it should be soft,
but not at all sticky .
Get the above cooking ingredients here
to cook Vegetarian Recipes
Subscribe to our newsletter
More Mid Week Meal Vegetable Recipes
101 Vegetarian Recipes All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |