Braised Chinese Vegetables Recipe
Braised Chinese Vegetables Recipes
5-6 dried Chinese mushrooms, soaked in
water for 20-25 minutes
8 oz firm tofu
4 tbsp vegetable oil
4 oz carrots, sliced
4 oz mangetout, trimmed
4 oz Chinese leaves, sliced
4 oz canned sliced bamboo shoots or whole
1 tsp sugar
1 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tsp cornflour mixed to a smooth paste
with 1 tsp cold water
1 tsp sesame seed oil (optional)
- Drain the mushrooms, discard the
hard stalks, rinse, cut the flesh into small slices.
- Cut the tofu into about 24 small
pieces, put in a saucepan of lightly salted boiling water for 2-3
minutes, to become firm, drain.
- Heat half of the oil in a
flameproof casserole or heavy-based saucepan until hot.
- Add the tofu and fry until lightly
browned on both sides.
- Remove the tofu, then heat the
remaining oil in the pan.
- Add the vegetables and stir-fry
for 1-2 minutes.
- Return the tofu to the pan, add 1
tsp of salt, sugar, soy sauce and stir well.
- Cover, reduce the heat and braise
for 2-3 minutes.
- Pour the cornflour paste over the
vegetables and stir.
- Increase the heat to high to
thicken the sauce, sprinkle in the sesame seed oil, if using.
- Ready to serve.
Get the above cooking ingredients here
to cook Vegetarian Recipes
Subscribe to our newsletter
More Mid Week Meal Vegetable Recipes
101 Vegetarian Recipes All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |