Aubergine Lasagne Recipe
Aubergine Lasagne Recipes
2 x 400 g
2 - 3
For the cheese sauce :
onions, finely chopped
- Layer the sliced aubergine in a colander, sprinkling lightly
with salt between each layer.
- Leave to stand for 1 hour, then rinse and pat dry.
- Heat 600 ml oil in a large pan, fry the aubergine and drain on
- Add the remaining oil to the pan, cook the onions for 5 minutes,
then stir in the tomatoes, herbs, garlic and seasoning.
- Bring to the boil and simmer, covered for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the cheese sauce; melt the butter in a pan, stir
in the flour and cook gently for 1 minute, stirring.
- Gradually stir in the milk.
- Bring to the boil, stirring, and cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove form the heat and stir in the mustard, cheeses and
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6.
- Arrange half the aubergines in the base of an ovenproof fish,
spoon over half the tomato sauce.
- Arrange three sheets of lasagne on top.
- Repeat with a second layer.
- Spoon over the cheese sauce, cover and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove the lid for the last 10 minutes to brown the crust.
- Serve hot with a mixed salad.
Cooking Tip :
This dish freezes well; cook for only 20 minutes, cool, then freeze.
3 for 20 minutes; increase the temperature to 200oC/400oF/Gas
6 for 10 minutes to brown the top .
Get the above cooking ingredients here
to cook Vegetarian Recipes
Subscribe to our newsletter
More Mid Week Meal Vegetable Recipes
101 Vegetarian Recipes All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |