Spinach Fettuccine Recipe
Spinach Fettuccine Recipes
spinach or 500g frozen, chopped spinach
spinach fettuccini (green)
onion, finely chopped
chopped fresh basil or a good pinch of dried
- Using fresh spinach : Trim away
any roots and woody ends of stems.
- Rinse spinach thoroughly under
cold, running water - do not dry the spinach.
- Heat a large saucepan.
- Put the wet spinach into the
saucepan, cover and cook over high heat for 5-8 minutes, or until
- Remove from heat and drain in a
- Set aside.
- Using frozen spinach: Place in a
saucepan and thaw over lot to medium heat.
- Remove from heat, drain well and
squeeze to remove excess liquid.
- Set aside.
- Two thirds fill a large saucepan
with water and bring to a rapid boil.
- Add the fettuccine and boil for
10-12 minutes, or until it is al dente (tender, but firm to bite).
- Meanwhile, in a dry frying pan,
brown the pine nuts over medium heat, stirring constantly to ensure
even coloring and prevent burning.
- Remove from pan and set aside.
- Return pan to the heat.
- Add the tbsp of water, onion,
garlic, basil and pepper.
- Sauté over low heat until the
onion is transparent.
- Drain the cooked fettuccine.
- In a large saucepan, combine the
cooked spinach, pine nuts, ricotta cheese and the onion.
- Add the fettuccine.
- Use two forks to gently lift and
turn mixture to combine well.
- Serve hot.
Serves 2 - 4
Get the above cooking ingredients here
to cook Vegetarian Recipes
Subscribe to our newsletter
More Leafy Crops Vegetables Recipes
101 Vegetarian Recipes All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |