Spinach and Feta Pie Cooking Recipe
Spinach and Feat Pie Cooking
large onions, chopped
spring onions, chopped
chopped fresh parsley
chopped fresh dill
freshly grated Parmesan
crumbled feta cheese
eggs, lightly beaten
olive oil, extra
sheets filo pastry
- Trim any coarse stems from the
- Wash the leaves thoroughly and
shake off the excess water.
- Roughly chop the spinach and place
it in a large pan.
- Cover and cook gently over low
heat for about 5 minutes, or until the leaves have wilted.
- The spinach will gently steam in
the water that is left on the leaves.
- Take care to ensure that the
leaves don't catch on the base of the pan and burn.
- Drain well and allow the spinach
to cool slightly before squeezing it tightly to remove the excess
- Heat the oil in a heavy based
- Add the onion and cook over low
heat for 10 minutes, or until it is very tender and golden.
- Add the spring onion and cook for
a further 3 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat.
- Stir in the drained Spinach,
parsley, dill, nutmeg, Parmesan, feta, ricotta and egg.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat the oven to moderate
- Combine the melted butter with the
extra oil and use it to grease 30 x 18 cm baking dish.
- Lay 4 sheets of filo pastry on top
of one another, brushing between each sheet with a little of the oil
- Top with another 4 sheets of the
layered filo pastry.
- Spread with the remaining cheese
and spinach mixture and top with the last 4 layered pastry sheets,
tucking the pastry into the sides of the dish.
- Brush the top with any of the
remaining oil and butter mixture.
- Score the top of the pastry into
diamonds with a sharp knife.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until
the top is golden brown.
- Cut into pieces and serve warm.
Serves 4 - 6
Preparation : 30 minutes
Cooking : 1 hour
Get the above cooking ingredients here
to cook Vegetarian Recipes
Subscribe to our newsletter
More Leafy Crops Vegetables Recipes
101 Vegetarian Recipes All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |