Cabbage Rolls Recipe
Cabbage Rolls Recipes
uncooked long grain rice
white onion, peeled and finely chopped
carrots, scraped and grated
onion, peeled and chopped
water or stock
- Remove the damaged cabbage leaves
- Fill a large saucepan with boiling
- Carefully separate cabbage leaves
one by one and immerse in boiling water.
- When inner leaves become difficult
to separate, immerse whole head in water, then remove each leaf
until the leaf becomes too small.
- Allow leaves to soak in boiling
water for about 10 minutes or until they are no longer crisp.
- To prepare filling: Place water in
a saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Add rice, boil, uncovered, for
about 12 minutes.
- Drain and set aside.
- Combine mince, onion and rice.
- Mix until well blended.
- Drain cabbage leaves, place one
spoonful of stuffing in each leaf.
- Wrap into a tight parcel, tucking
in the ends.
- Place parcels in a large casserole
dish, stacking if necessary.
- To prepare sauce: Combine carrot,
onion, tomato puree and water or stock.
- Pour over parcels in casserole
- Cook, covered, in a moderate oven
180C (350F) for about 45 minutes.
- Check fluid levels, if necessary,
add a little more water and cook uncovered for 20 minutes more or
until soft and meat is cooked.
- Serve parcels with sauce and
Get the above cooking ingredients here
to cook Vegetarian Recipes
Subscribe to our newsletter
More Leafy Crops Vegetables Recipes
101 Vegetarian Recipes All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |