Lemon Rice Cooking Recipes
Lemon Rice Cooking
basmati or any long grain variety
clarified butter (ghee)
(urad daal), split
- Wash and soak the rice in water for 10 minutes.
- Drain and keep aside.
- Boil water in a heavy pan.
- Stir in rice, salt and oil (7 ml or 1/2 tbsp).
- Cover tightly, reduce heat and simmer without
stirring until rice is fluffy and tender and water is fully
- Set aside.
- Heat remaining oil in a small pan, stir fry the
cashew nuts until golden brown.
- Drain excess oil and spoon cashew nuts over the
- Replace cover.
- Raise the heat slightly, sauté the lentils and
mustard seeds till the lentils turn reddish brown, mustard seeds
splutter and add whole red chilies and remove from heat.
- Gently fold in the lentils, turmeric, lime juice,
coriander and coconut into the cooked rice until well mixed.
- Serve hot, accompanied by natural yoghurt.
Preparation time : 5 minutes
Dessert time : 25 - 35 minutes
Get the above cooking ingredients here
to cook Vegetarian Recipes
Subscribe to our newsletter
More Indian Vegetarian Recipes
101 Vegetarian Recipes All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |