Khasta Kachori Cooking Recipe
Khasta Kachori Cooking
(split moong daal), without skin soaked for 3 - 5 hours
pepper, coarsely ground
- Blend the flours and salt (11/2
tsp) in a mixing bowl.
- Add clarified butter (4 tbsp), rub
it in with your fingertips until it is fully incorporated and the
mixture resembles coarse bread crumbs.
- Add ice water and knead to form a
smooth and pliable dough.
- Cover with plastic and set aside
for 1/2 - 1 hour.
- For the filling, drain the soaked
lentils and grind coarsely.
- Heat clarified butter (2 tbsp) in
a pan, add cumin seeds, caraway seeds, fennel seeds and coriander
- Fry until they splutter.
- Stir in black pepper, water and
the coarsely ground lentils.
- Bring to a boil, lower heat and
simmer, partially covered until the water is absorbed and lentils
have softened but are still slightly firm.
- Allow to cool, mix in salt to
taste and divide into 18 equal portions.
- Divide the dough into 18 even
- Shape each portion into a patty.
- Cover with a damp towel or plastic
wrap and set aside.
- Flatten each patty into a 21/2"
(6.5 cm) round.
- Place one portion of filling in
the center of the dough, then bring the sides of the dough over the
filling, to enclose completely.
- Pinch the seams together until
- Cover wit a plastic wrap or a
- Keep aside. Shape and stuff the
- Heat oil in a kadhai (wok) up to
- Slip in a few patties, (seam side
down), at a time.
- Fry until pale golden in color and
until they sound hallow when tapped.
- The crust should be delicately
blistered and crisp.
- Drain excess oil and serve hot.
Preparation Time : 11/4
Cooking Time : 1 hour
Get the above cooking ingredients here
to cook Vegetarian Recipes
Subscribe to our newsletter
More Indian Vegetarian Recipes
101 Vegetarian Recipes All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |