Gram Flour Dumplings In a Tangy Yoghurt
Curry Cooking Recipe
Gram Flour Dumplings In a
Tangy Yoghurt Curry Cooking
oil for frying
cut into rounds
cut in 1/4" thick rounds
(methi dana) seeds
- Whisk yoghurt, salt, red chili powder, turmeric
and half the gram flour together in a bowl.
- Keep aside.
- Sieve the other half of gram flour and soda
bi-carbonate together, add the carom seeds and enough water to make
a thick batter.
- Beat well.
- Add green chilies.
- Heat enough oil in a kadhai (wok) to deep fry.
- Drop large spoonfuls of the batter in the oil to
get 11/2" puffy dumplings.
- Fry till golden brown on all sides.
- Remove and keep aside.
- Heat oil (45ml or 3 tbsp) in a handi (pot), add
the yoghurt mixture and water (720 ml or 3 cups).
- Bring to a boil, reduce and simmer for 8 - 10
minutes, stirring constantly to avoid the yoghurt from curdling.
- Add potatoes and onions, cook till potatoes are
- Add dumplings, simmer for 35 minutes, remove from
heat and transfer to a serving bowl.
- Heat the remaining oil (15 ml or 1 tbsp) in a
- Add the cumin, mustard and fenugreek seeds, sauté
till they crackle.
- Add whole red chilies, remove from fire and pour
this tempering over the hot curry.
- Serve hot, garnished with chopped coriander and
accompanied by boiled rice.
Preparation time : 45 minutes
Cooking time : 30 minutes
Get the above cooking ingredients here
to cook Vegetarian Recipes
Subscribe to our newsletter
More Indian Vegetarian Recipes
101 Vegetarian Recipes All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |