Indian Split Pea Soup Recipe
Indian Split Pea Soup Recipes
8 oz yellow split peas
2.25 pints water
1/2 tsp turmeric
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 fresh green chili, deseeded and finely
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground coriander
1/2 small cucumber
3 spring onions
3 fl oz natural yogurt
salt and pepper
mint leaves, to garnish
- Pick over the yellow split peas to
remove any grit, then wash under running cold water and drain them
in a colander.
- Place the drained split peas in a
large saucepan with the water and turmeric and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat, cover and simmer
very gently for 75 - 90 minutes until cooked and tender.
- Remove from the heat.
- Tip the split peas and their
liquid into a food processor or blender.
- Add the lemon juice, chili, cumin
and coriander seeds and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Process until smooth, if the soup
is a little too thick, thin it down with water or more lemon juice.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and
refrigerates until required.
- Dice the cucumber and slice the
spring onions just before serving.
- Swirl the yogurt into the chilled
soup and serve garnished with the cucumber, spring onions and mint.
Get the above cooking ingredients here
to cook Vegetarian Recipes
Subscribe to our newsletter
More Indian Vegetable Recipes
101 Vegetarian Recipes All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |