Baked Aubergines Recipe
Baked Aubergines Recipes
aubergines (baigan), small, oval
cardamoms (choti elaichi)
1 bay leaf
turmeric (haldi) powder
- Trim the stems of the aubergines.
- Slit open each aubergine
lengthwise, without disjoining it from the stem.
- In a pan, heat oil (1 tbsp).
- Add the red chilies, cumin seeds,
black peppercorn, green cardamoms, cinnamon sticks, bay leaf, cloves
and sauté over medium heat for 5-6 minutes.
- Cool and grind finely.
- Mix in vinegar to make a fine
- Heat a little oil in a pan.
- Fry the aubergines, a few at a
time, for 5-6 minutes or until they are half cooked.
- Remove from heat and keep aside.
- In the same pan, heat remaining
oil, add the onion paste and sauté over medium heat for 10-12
minutes, until the paste is lightly colored.
- Add the ginger and garlic pastes,
turmeric powder and the ground spice paste.
- Stir and cook over medium heat for
- Add the salt and hot water (2/3
cup), cook until the water evaporates and the oil separates from the
- Arrange the fried aubergines in
the sauce, stir very carefully, cover and cook over a low flame or
in a slow oven for 3-4 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Serves 4 - 6
Get the above cooking ingredients here
to cook Vegetarian Recipes
Subscribe to our newsletter
More Indian Vegetable Recipes
101 Vegetarian Recipes All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |