Whole Wheat Rolls Recipe
whole Wheat Rolls Recipes
600 g 100% whole wheat flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp sugar
50 g vegetable fat or lard
1 sachet yeast
450 ml mixed milk and water
- Put flour, salt and sugar into a
large warm bowl.
- Rub in the fat and stir in the
- Warm the liquid to 43C (110F).
- Add to the flour and mix together
- Put on to a flat surface and knead
for 10 minutes.
- Shape into an even round shape and
cover with the overturned mixing bowl or a piece of greased
- Leave to rest for 5 minutes.
- Cut and weigh out dough in 65 g
pieces and shape into 16-18 balls.
- Put on a warm greased baking
sheet, and cover loosely with polythene.
- Put into a warm draught free area
and leave for 35-40 minutes until approximately double in size.
- Preheat oven to 220C (425F), Gas
- Bake for 10-15 minutes and cool on
a wire rack.
- Rolls may be dusted with flour,
poppy or caraway seeds, bran, crushed wheat or oats before baking
for an attractive finish.
- A brushing with milk will give a
rich color; beaten egg will give a glossy shine; salted water a
This dough has slightly more fat than
most breads, which makes a rich dough which will keep well. A little
more sugar may be added for a sweeter roll.
Get the above cooking ingredients here
to cook Vegetarian Recipes
Subscribe to our newsletter
More Grain Recipes
101 Vegetarian Recipes All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |