Treacle Oatmeal Biscuits Recipe
Treacle Oatmeal Biscuits Recipes
150 g light soft brown sugar
100 g butter or margarine
100 ml black treacle
300 g wholemeal plain flour
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp salt
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
350 g medium oatmeal
225 g seedless raisins
50 g chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 190C/375F/Gas 5.
- Grease three baking sheets.
- Beat together the sugar and fat
until soft and light.
- Beat in the black treacle and
- Stir together the flour, cinnamon,
salt and soda until evenly mixed.
- Fold into the creamed mixture.
- Stir in the oatmeal, raisins and
walnuts and mix to a dough.
- Form the mixture into about 20
- Place far apart on baking sheets.
- Dip a fork into cold water and
press down the balls to flatten them lightly.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Cool on baking sheets for 5
minutes, then lift carefully on to a wire rack to cool.
Dark biscuits which are full of flavor
and nourishment with added raisins and walnuts.
Get the above cooking ingredients here
to cook Vegetarian Recipes
Subscribe to our newsletter
More Grain Recipes
101 Vegetarian Recipes All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |