Tomatoes With Cracked Wheat Stuffing Recipe
Tomatoes With Cracked
Wheat Stuffing Recipes
100 g cracked wheat
2 tbsp lemon juice
3 tbsp chopped fresh parsley or coriander
4 spring onions
4 tbsp olive oil
salt and pepper
4 large tomatoes
- Put the cracked wheat into a bowl
and cover with cold water.
- Leave to stand for 1 hour, drain
well and squeeze out surplus liquid.
- Put the cracked wheat into a clean
bowl and stir in the lemon juice and herbs.
- Chop the onions finely and stir in
with the oil and plenty of salt and pepper.
- Leave to stand for 1 hour.
- Remove the stalk from each tomato
and turn them upside down on a plate.
- Slice off a "lid" neatly and keep
on one side.
- Take out the seeds with a teaspoon
- Up-end the tomatoes again and
drain off surplus liquid.
A simple dish made with cracked wheat
(burghul/bulghur) which is particularly good if made with the large
fully flavored Beefeater or Marmande tomatoes.
Get the above cooking ingredients here
to cook Vegetarian Recipes
Subscribe to our newsletter
More Grain Recipes
101 Vegetarian Recipes All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |