Peppers With Brown Rice Stuffing Recipe
Peppers With Brown Rice
4 green peppers
1 medium onion
1 garlic clove
2 tbsp oil
50 g brown rice
450 ml tomato juice
1 bay leaf
sprig of thyme
sprig of parsley
100 g chopped mixed nuts
salt and pepper
50 g grated Cheddar cheese
- Slice the tops from the peppers to
- Scoop out the seeds and membranes.
- Place the peppers in a greased
- Chop the onion finely and crush
- Put into a pan with the oil and
cook over low heat until the onion is soft and golden.
- Add the rice and half the tomato
- Add the bay leaf, thyme and
- Cover and simmer for 40 minutes.
- Discard the bay leaf, thyme and
- Mix in the nuts and season well.
- Fill the peppers with the mixture
and sprinkle with cheese.
- Replace the tops of the peppers.
- Pour the remaining tomato juice
round the peppers.
- Bake at 180C/350F/Gas 4 for 35
Brown rice gives flavor and a slightly
nutty texture to this stuffing, which is also good in large tomatoes,
courgettes, aubergines or marrows.
Get the above cooking ingredients here
to cook Vegetarian Recipes
Subscribe to our newsletter
More Grain Recipes
101 Vegetarian Recipes All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |