Oat Drop Scones Recipe
Oat Drop Scones Recipes
12 tbsp milk
75 g rolled oats
75 g fine oatmeal
1 tbsp light soft brown sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 tbsp oil
- Heat the milk to boiling point.
- Remove from the heat and stir in
- Leave to stand for 5 minutes.
- Stir together oatmeal, sugar,
baking powder and salt.
- Stir in the soaked oats and milk.
- Separate the eggs and beat the
yolks with the oil.
- Stir into the oat mixture.
- Whisk the egg whites to stiff
peaks and fold into the mixture.
- Fry in spoonfuls on a hot greased
griddle or thick frying pan, turning the scones when the surface
bubbles to cook both sides evenly.
- Wrap the scones in a clean tea
cloth to keep warm and soft while all the mixture is cooked.
Textured soft scones which take little
time to prepare. They may be lightly spread with butter or margarine and
served with jam, honey or syrup.
Get the above cooking ingredients here
to cook Vegetarian Recipes
Subscribe to our newsletter
More Grain Recipes
101 Vegetarian Recipes All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |