Little Date Cookies Recipe
Little Date Cookies Recipes
150 g wholemeal plain flour
100 g rolled oats
125 g demerara sugar
75 g hard margarine
1/2 tsp ground mixed spice
pinch of salt
225 g stoned
water or orange juice
- Preheat oven to 190C/375F/Gas 5.
- Grease 24 tartlet tins.
- Stir the flour and oats together.
- Cream the sugar and margarine and
work in the egg.
- Add the flour mixture with spice
and salt and form into a dough.
- Roll out carefully on a floured
board and cut into 48 rounds.
- Line the tins with half the
- Put the chopped dates, sugar,
nuts, water or orange juice into a pan and heat gently, stirring
- Leave until cold.
- Fill the tartlet cases with the
mixture and damp the edges.
- Cover with remaining pastry
- Brush with a little milk and make
a small hole in the center of each one.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Leave in tins for 5 minutes and
lift out carefully to finish cooling on a wire rack.
Small cakes with a crunchy pastry and
sweet filling of fruit and nuts, which are delicious served with whipped
Get the above cooking ingredients here
to cook Vegetarian Recipes
Subscribe to our newsletter
More Grain Recipes
101 Vegetarian Recipes All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |