Italian Risotto Recipe
Italian Risotto Recipes
1 medium onion
4 rashers streaky bacon
225 g mushrooms
2 tbsp olive oil
225 g risotto or brown rice
600 ml stock
salt and pepper
4 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- Chop the onion, bacon and
- Heat the oil and stir in the
- Cook over low heat for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the bacon and continue
cooking gently for 5 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and cook for 1
minute, stirring well.
- Add the rice and stir well until
it is coated with the mixture in the pan.
- Add boiling stock and season well.
- Bring to the boil, cover and
simmer for 15 minutes until the rice is cooked and creamy (brown
rice will need longer cooking, and more stock may be added so that
the rice does not become dry).
- Stir in the cheese and serve
garnished with parsley.
The best rice to use for this dish is
the Italian short grain risotto rice, but brown rice is delicious too,
although it will need longer cooking.
Get the above cooking ingredients here
to cook Vegetarian Recipes
Subscribe to our newsletter
More Grain Recipes
101 Vegetarian Recipes All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |