Italian Rice Cake Recipe
Italian Rice Cake Recipes
150 g short grain rice
600 ml milk
6 almond macaroons
25 g butter
25 g fine dry breadcrumbs
- Boil the rice in salted water for
- Drain well and gradually add the
milk, stirring well over low heat for 30 minutes until the rice is
very soft and the milk has been absorbed.
- Leave until cold.
- Crumbled the macaroons into small
pieces and add to the rice.
- Beat well and beat in 2 eggs and 2
- Whisk the remaining egg whites to
stiff peaks and fold into the rice mixture.
- Grease an 8" (20cm) loose based
cake tin generously with the butter and sprinkle the base and sides
with the breadcrumbs.
- Put in the rice mixture.
- Bake at 160C/325F/Gas 3 for 40
- Leave in the tin for 10 minutes,
then turn on to a warm serving dish.
- Serve warm with sauce, fruit or
An almond flavored 'cake' which makes
an excellent pudding to serve with apricot sauce or soft fruit, or just
with whipped cream.
Get the above cooking ingredients here
to cook Vegetarian Recipes
Subscribe to our newsletter
More Grain Recipes
101 Vegetarian Recipes All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |