Irish Soda Bread Recipe
Irish Soda Bread Recipes
450 g (100%) wholemeal plain flour
100 g fine oatmeal
1 tsp cream of tartar
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
25 g butter or margarine
450 ml milk and water
- Preheat oven to 230C/450C/Gas 8.
- Grease a 22.5 cm sandwich tin.
- Stir the flour, oatmeal, cream of
tartar, soda and salt in a bowl.
- Rub in the fat until the mixture
is like breadcrumbs.
- Stir in the milk and water to give
a soft dough.
- Put into the prepared tin.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 180C/350F/Gas 4 and
continue baking for 20 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack.
A textured loaf which needs no yeast
and is quickly made. It should be eaten freshly baked and is delicious
with unsalted butter.
Get the above cooking ingredients here
to cook Vegetarian Recipes
Subscribe to our newsletter
More Grain Recipes
101 Vegetarian Recipes All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |