Ginger Parkin Recipe
Ginger Parkin Recipes
100 g wholemeal plain flour
350 g medium oatmeal
1 tsp ground ginger
100 g butter
100 g black treacle
100 g honey
4 tbsp milk
1.2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- Preheat oven to 160C/325F/Gas 3.
- Grease and base line a 7 x 11"
- Stir the flour, oatmeal and ginger
together in a bowl until evenly colored.
- Put the fat, treacle and honey
into a pan and heat gently until the fat has melted.
- Pour into the dry ingredients and
- Heat the milk to lukewarm.
- Stir in the soda and add to the
- Beat well and pour into the tin.
- Bake for 1.5 hours.
- Cool in the tin for 10 minutes,
then turn on to a wire rack to cool.
- Store in an airtight tin.
A traditional ginger bread which is
best if stored in a tin for three or four days before cutting. It is
very good eaten with a piece of farmhouse cheese.
Get the above cooking ingredients here
to cook Vegetarian Recipes
Subscribe to our newsletter
More Grain Recipes
101 Vegetarian Recipes All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |