Fruit Plate Pie Recipe
Fruit Plate Pie Recipes
225 g (100%) wholemeal plain flour
75 g hard margarine
25 g light soft brown sugar
50 g chopped mixed nuts
50 g light
soft brown sugar
ground cinnamon or ginger
- Preheat oven to 220C/425F/Gas 6.
- Grease a 9" pie plate.
- Put the flour into a bowl.
- Cut the margarine into small
pieces and rub into the flour until the mixture is like coarse
- Stir in the sugar and nuts.
- Make a dough by adding cold water
(6-10 tbsp will be needed according to absorbency of flour).
- Shape the dough into a ball and
chill for 30 minutes.
- Roll out the pastry on a floured
board and line the pie plate with half of it.
- Peel and core the apples and slice
- Place in the pie plate and
sprinkle with sugar, grated rind and juice of the lemon, and the
- Cover with the remaining pastry
and pinch edges together firmly.
- Bake for 25 minutes until crisp
Apples may be used for a pie right
through the year, but gooseberries, plums, cherries or apricots are
delicious when in season.
Get the above cooking ingredients here
to cook Vegetarian Recipes
Subscribe to our newsletter
More Grain Recipes
101 Vegetarian Recipes All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |