Fruit and Nut Rice Recipe
Fruit and Nut Rice Recipes
1 medium onion
2 tbsp oil
225 g long grain rice
100 g dried fruit (raisins, sultanas,
50 g walnuts
pinch of ground nutmeg
pinch of ground cinnamon
600 ml stock
salt and pepper
- Chop the onion finely.
- Heat the oil and cook the onion
until soft and golden.
- Add the rice and dried fruit,
chopping the larger pieces.
- Stir in the walnuts and spices.
- Pour in boiling stock, stir well
and season with salt and pepper.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for
15 minutes, when the stock should have been absorbed.
- Remove from the heat and cover the
pan with a cloth and a lid.
- Leave to stand for 15 minutes so
that moisture is absorbed and the rice becomes fluffy.
This Middle Eastern version of risotto
may be eaten on its own, but it is a good accompaniment for lamb,
chicken or fish.
Get the above cooking ingredients here
to cook Vegetarian Recipes
Subscribe to our newsletter
More Grain Recipes
101 Vegetarian Recipes All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |