Derbyshire Oatcake Recipe
Derbyshire Oatcake Recipes
225 g fine oatmeal
225 g plain flour
pinch of salt
25 g fresh yeast or 15 g dried yeast
1 tsp sugar
300 ml lukewarm water
- Stir together the oatmeal, flour
and salt in a warm bowl.
- Mix the yeast and sugar and add
half the lukewarm water.
- Leave to stand until the yeast is
frothing and bubbling.
- Add to the dry ingredients and add
remaining lukewarm water, beating well to form a thin batter.
- Leave to stand in a warm plate for
30 minutes until risen and bubbling.
- Heat a griddle or thick frying pan
and grease lightly.
- Pour a small cupful of the batter
on to the hot pan and cook for 2 minutes.
- Turn and cook the other side.
- Serve hot.
These oatcakes are big and floppy and
are best eaten freshly made and hot. They may later be fried with bacon,
or toasted to serve with butter or dripping.
Get the above cooking ingredients here
to cook Vegetarian Recipes
Subscribe to our newsletter
More Grain Recipes
101 Vegetarian Recipes All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |