Cracked Wheat Salad Recipe
Wheat Salad Recipes
225 g cracked wheat
50 g chopped fresh parsley
3 tbsp chopped fresh mint
1 medium onion or 4 spring onions
5 tbsp lemon juice
5 tbsp olive oil
salt and pepper
4 medium tomatoes
- Soak the wheat in cold water for
- Drain well and squeeze out surplus
- Mix with the parsley, mint and
finely chopped onions.
- Mix together the oil, lemon juice,
salt and plenty of freshly ground black pepper.
- Stir into the wheat mixture.
- Arrange a bed of lettuce leaves in
a serving dish and spoon in the salad.
- Garnish with sliced tomatoes.
- If preferred, the tomatoes may be
skinned and deseeded, chopped roughly and stirred into the salad.
A favorite Middle Eastern dish made
with cracked wheat, which is also sold as bulghur or burghul. Serve the
salad with an accompaniment for natural yoghurt.
Get the above cooking ingredients here
to cook Vegetarian Recipes
Subscribe to our newsletter
More Grain Recipes
101 Vegetarian Recipes All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |