Cracked Wheat Pilaf Recipe
Cracked Wheat Pilaf Recipes
2 tbsp oil
225 g cracked wheat
1 medium onion
1 garlic clove
600 ml stock or water
salt and pepper
- Heat the oil and stir in the
- Add finely chopped onion and
- Toss over low heat until the onion
is soft and golden.
- Add boiling stock or water and
- Bring to the boil, then simmer for
30 minutes until the liquid has been absorbed and the wheat is
- Serve at once, stirring in small
pieces of vegetable, meat or poultry if liked.
This quick pilaf made with cracked
wheat (bulghur or burghul) may be flavored with small pieces of
vegetables and or cooked meat or poultry. It makes a good accompaniment
to casseroles and curries.
Get the above cooking ingredients here
to cook Vegetarian Recipes
Subscribe to our newsletter
More Grain Recipes
101 Vegetarian Recipes All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |