Brown Rice and Vegetable Salad Recipe
Brown Rice and Vegetable Salad Recipes
1 medium onion
1 garlic clove
50 g butter
225 g long grain brown rice
450 ml stock or water
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp turmeric
225 g French beans
100 g shelled peas (fresh or frozen)
100 g corn kernels (fresh or frozen)
1 red pepper
100 g slated peanuts or cashew nuts
- Chop the onion finely and crush
- Cook in the butter until soft and
- Stir in the rice until coated with
- Add the stock or water, salt and
- Bring to the boil and then simmer
for about 40 minutes until the rice is tender and the liquid has
- While the rice is cooking, prepare
- Cut the beans into small chunks.
- Cook beans, peas and corn in
boiling salted water until tender, and drain well.
- Remove seeds and membrane from the
- Chop the flesh.
- Cool the rice and vegetables and
mix them together with the pepper.
- Stir in half the nuts and place in
a serving bowl.
- Sprinkle with remaining nuts.
- Serve with an oil and vinegar
dressing if liked.
A colorful salad which makes a pleasant
summer meal, or which may be served with meat, poultry or fish.
Get the above cooking ingredients here
to cook Vegetarian Recipes
Subscribe to our newsletter
More Grain Recipes
101 Vegetarian Recipes All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |