Breakfast Barley Recipe
Breakfast Barley Recipes
300 ml orange juice
300 ml water
50 g dried apricots
pinch of ground cloves or cinnamon
100 g pearl barley
15 g butter o margarine
25 g chopped mixed nuts, optional
- Put the orange juice and water
into a pan.
- Add the apricots cut into small
pieces, and the spice.
- Bring to the boil and add the
- Cover and simmer for about 1 hour
until the barley is tender, adding more orange juice and or water if
necessary so that it does not become dry.
- The liquid should be absorbed when
the barley is ready.
- Stir in the butter or margarine,
and the nuts if liked.
- Serve hot.
A pleasant change from traditional
porridge with a refreshing flavor of fruit, which may be served on its
own or with milk or cream.
Get the above cooking ingredients here
to cook Vegetarian Recipes
Subscribe to our newsletter
More Grain Recipes
101 Vegetarian Recipes All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |