Barley Bannocks Recipe
Barley Bannocks Recipes
450 g barley flour
100 g plain flour
2 tsp cream of tartar
1/2 tsp salt
300 ml buttermilk
2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- Stir together the flours, cream of
tartar and salt.
- Mix the buttermilk and soda until
it fizzes and pour into the flour.
- Beat well to make a soft dough.
- Roll out very lightly on a floured
board 1/2" (1.25 cm) thick.
- Cut into rounds the size of a tea
- Flour a hot griddle or thick
frying pan, and put in a bannock.
- Cook over low heat until golden
- Turn and brown the other side.
- Serve freshly cooked with butter
Barley gives a sweet taste to breads
and cakes, but these are always unyeasted as barley is low in gluten
forming proteins and does not rise well.
Get the above cooking ingredients here
to cook Vegetarian Recipes
Subscribe to our newsletter
More Grain Recipes
101 Vegetarian Recipes All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |