Barley and Mushroom Casserole Recipe
Barley and Mushroom Casserole Recipes
1 medium onion
1 garlic clove
2 tbsp oil
225 g mushrooms
225 g pot barley
600 ml stock
salt and pepper
1 bay leaf
2 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- Chop the onion finely and crush
- Cook in the oil over low heat
until soft and golden.
- Slice the mushrooms and add to the
- Continue cooking gently for 5
- Stir in the barley and cook for 1
minute, stirring well.
- Pour in the boiling stock and
season to taste.
- Put the bay leaf in the bottom of
a casserole and pour in the barley mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Bake at 190C/375F/Gas 5 for 45
- Remove lid and sprinkle with
- Continue baking for 10 minutes.
This casserole must be prepared the
night before so that the barley swells and softens, and the result is
Get the above cooking ingredients here
to cook Vegetarian Recipes
Subscribe to our newsletter
More Grain Recipes
101 Vegetarian Recipes All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |