French Onion Soup Recipe
French Onion Soup Recipes
extra virgin olive oil
(or 3 medium) onions, sliced or chopped
whole wheat pastry flour
bread, 1 slice per serving (or 1/4 cup croutons per serving)
- Heat the oil in a 4 1/2 quart
saucepan or Dutch oven over a medium high burner.
- Add the onions and garlic, reduce
the heat to medium, and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the flour, mixing well.
- Then stir in the water and tamari,
and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover, and
simmer until the onions are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Just before serving, place a slice
of French bread or some croutons in the bottom of the soup bowls.
- Ladle the soup on top and serve.
A delectable classic that's amazingly
simple to prepare.
Makes about 1 1/2 quarts
Get the above cooking ingredients here
to cook Vegetarian Recipes
Subscribe to our newsletter
More French Vegetables Recipes
101 Vegetarian Recipes All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |