Asparagus with Green Mayonnaise Recipe
Asparagus with Green Mayonnaise Recipes
2 bundles of fresh asparagus, about 500g
in total, trimmed
Melba toast, to serve (optional)
3 egg yolks
1 tbsp finely snipped chives
1 tbsp finely chopped parsley
1 tbsp lemon juice
300ml olive oil
salt and pepper
- Scrape the lower half of each
asparagus spear, then divide into 6 bundles.
- Tie each bunch firmly, finishing
with a long-ended bow. (this makes it easier to remove the string
later), cover the tips in loose cones of foil.
- Cook the asparagus in a tall
saucepan of boiling water, with the tips above the water level, for
about 10 minutes until just tender, do not overcook.
- Carefully remove the bundles and
drain on a wire rack.
- To make the green mayonnaise,
place the egg yolks, chives, parsley and lemon juice in a food
processor and process for 1-2 minutes.
- With the motor running, pour in
the oil in a very thin stream until it is all incorporated.
- Season to taste with salt and
- To serve, untie the bundles of
asparagus and place 1 bundle on each plate.
- Serve the mayonnaise separately
and accompany the dish with Melba toast, if liked.
Get the above cooking ingredients here
to cook Vegetarian Recipes
Subscribe to our newsletter
More Flower Crops Recipes
101 Vegetarian Recipes All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |