Twice Baked Cheddar Soufflés Cooking Recipe
Twice Baked Cheddar
Cheddar cheese, grated
ingredients (a few onion slices, 1 bay leaf and 4 black peppercorns)
- Preheat the oven to 180oC/350oF/Gas 4.
- Put the milk in a pan with the flavoring ingredients.
- Bring slowly to the boil, then strain into a jug.
- Melt the butter in the rinsed out pan and use a little to grease
four 150 ml ramekins.
- Stir the flour into the remaining butter in the pan and cook for
- Gradually add the hot milk, then bring to the boil, stirring
until thickened and smooth.
- Cook, stirring all the time, for 2 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in 75 g of the grated
cheese and the mustard powder.
- Beat in the egg yolks, followed by the chopped parsley, and
season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Whisk the egg whites in a large bowl until stiff but not dry.
- Mix in a spoonful of the egg whites to lighten the cheese
mixture, then gently fold in the remaining egg whites.
- Spoon the soufflé mixture into the ramekins, place in a roasting
tin and pour in boiling water to come halfway up the sides.
- Bake the
for 15 - 20 minutes until risen and set.
- Remove the ramekins immediately from the tin and allow the
soufflés to sink and cool, until ready to serve.
- When ready to serve, preheat the oven to
- Carefully turn out the
soufflés into a buttered shallow ovenproof dish or individual
- Season the cream and pour over the
soufflés, then sprinkle over the remaining cheese.
- Bake the
soufflés for about 10 - 15 minutes, until risen and golden brown.
- Serve at once.
This is an ace of a recipe for busy people and really easy to make. The
soufflés can be prepared well in advance, then simply reheated just
Get the above cooking ingredients here
to cook Vegetarian Recipes
Subscribe to our newsletter
More Dinner, Party Dishes Vegetable Cooking Recipes
101 Vegetarian Recipes All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |