Tomato Quiche Cooking Recipe
Tomato Quiche Cooking
For the short crust pastry :
For the filling :
sized plum tomatoes
- Put the flour in a bowl and make a well in the
- Add butter, cut into small pieces, the beaten egg
and the salt.
- Run all the ingredients together with your
fingertips until the mixture resembles bread crumbs.
- Mix in the cold milk.
- Knead the dough until all the ingredients are
- Wrap the dough in cling film and chill in the
refrigerator for several hours.
- Blanch, peel and halve the tomatoes.
- Melt half the butter in a large pan and arrange
the tomatoes in a single layer.
- Partially cover the pan and over a low heat,
braise the tomatoes until they are tender but still holding their
- Wash the leeks and slice into thin rings,
extending about 5 cm into the green part.
- Wash and drain again to remove any dirt or grit.
- Melt the rest of the butter in a small pan and
gently cook the leeks until quite soft.
- Grease a 25 cm pastry dish.
- Roll out the pastry and line the dish with it;
press the pastry to the sides of the dish and trim off the excess.
- Set aside while preparing the filling.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs and cream
together and stir in the chopped parsley and tomato purée.
- Season with salt and white pepper.
- Spoon this mixture into the pastry case.
- Arrange braised tomato halves around the edge,
alternating with a spoonful of the cooked leeks.
- Make a pattern in the center with any remaining
- Cover the quiche loosely with a sheet of
aluminum foil and bake in a preheated oven at 190C/375F/Gas 5 for
15 minutes; remove the foil and bake for a further 15 minutes.
Serves 4 - 6
Although the tomato is a fruit, it has become so mush
a part of vegetable cuisine that we have no hesitation in including it
here. This dish is delicious hot or cold.
Get the above cooking ingredients here
to cook Vegetarian Recipes
Subscribe to our newsletter
More Dinner, Party Dishes Vegetable Cooking Recipes
101 Vegetarian Recipes All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |