Onion and Gruyère Tart Recipe
Onion and Gruyère Tart Recipes
15 - 30 ml
1 egg yolk
- To make the pastry, sift the flour and salt into a bowl, then
rub in the butter until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Add the egg yolk and 15 ml cold water and mix to a firm dough.
- Chill for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 200oC/400oF/Gas 6.
- Knead the pastry , then roll out on a floured board and use to
line a 23 cm or 9 in flan tin.
- Prick the base with a fork, line the pastry case with grease
proof paper and fill with baking beans.
- Bake the pastry cakes for 15 minutes.
- Remove the paper and beans and bake for a further 10 - 15
minutes, until the pastry case is crisp.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter and cook the onions in a covered pan
for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until golden.
- Reduce the oven temperature to
- Spread the base with mustard and top with the onions,
- Mix together the eggs, egg yolk, cream, cheese, nutmeg and
- Pour over the onions.
- Bake for 30 - 35 minutes, until golden.
- Serve warm.
The secret of this tart is to cook the onions very slowly until they
Get the above cooking ingredients here
to cook Vegetarian Recipes
Subscribe to our newsletter
More Dinner, Party Dishes Vegetable Recipes
101 Vegetarian Recipes All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |