Golden Vegetable Paella Recipe
Golden Vegetable Paella Recipes
vegetable or spicy stock
butternut squash, chopped
cut in matchsticks
pepper, seeded and sliced
peeled and chopped
red, yellow and green pepper, to garnish
saffron strands or 5 ml or 1 tsp ground turmeric
- Place the saffron in a small bowl with 45 - 60 ml or 3 -4 tbsp
boiling hot stock.
- Leave to stand for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a paella pan or large heavy based
- Fry the onions and garlic gently until just softening.
- Add the rice and toss for 2 - 3 minutes until coated in oil.
- Add the stock to the pan with the pumpkin or squash, and the
saffron strands and liquid.
- Stir as it comes to the boil and reduce the heat to the minimum.
- Cover with a pan lid or foil and cook very gently for about 15
- Avoid stirring unnecessarily as this lets out the steam and
- Add the carrots, pepper, tomatoes, salt and black pepper, cover
again and leave for a further 5 minutes, or until the rice is almost
- Finally, add the oyster mushrooms, check the seasoning and cook,
uncovered for just enough time to soften the mushrooms with out
letting the paella stick.
- Top with the peppers and serve as soon as possible.
Get the above cooking ingredients here
to cook Vegetarian Recipes
Subscribe to our newsletter
More Dinner, Party Dishes Vegetable Recipes
101 Vegetarian Recipes All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |