Cheesy Creamed Celeriac With Almonds Recipe
Cheesy Creamed Celeriac With Almonds Recipes
juice of a
freshly made white sauce
Cheddar cheese, finely grated
tsp tubed or canned tomato purée
pepper to taste
25 g fine
butter or margarine, melted
- Peel celeriac thickly as flesh
directly underneath skin is woody.
- Cut into cubes.
- Put into saucepan and cook in
boiling salted water, with added lemon juice, for about 1/2 hour or
- Depending on the age, the celeriac
may need longer.
- Drain, return to pan and keep hot.
- Pour white sauce over celeriac
then add 50 g cheese, curry powder, tomato purée and seasoning to
- Mix thoroughly.
- Transfer to a 1.25 liter, greased
- Sprinkle with rest of cheese mixed
with crumbs and almonds.
- Trickle melted butter or margarine
over the top.
- Reheat and brown in hot oven 450F,
- Allow 20-25 minutes.
- Serve hot with salad.
Unusual and filling, this is delicately
flavored main course using one of the winter's best vegetables: celeriac
with its gentle taste of celery and potato like texture.
Serves 4 - 6
Get the above cooking ingredients here
to cook Vegetarian Recipes
Subscribe to our newsletter
More Dinner, Party Dishes Vegetable Recipes
101 Vegetarian Recipes All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |