Cabbage and Beetroot and Apple Saute Recipe
Cabbage and Beetroot and Apple Saute Recipes
1/2 red cabbage, thinly shredded
1 tbsp chopped thyme
2 tsp caraway seeds
1 tsp ground mixed spice
1 tbsp sugar
150ml red wine
2 tbsp port
2 tbsp red wine vinegar
2 dessert apples
250g cooked beetroot, cubed
50g pecan nuts, toasted
salt and pepper
- Melt 25g of the butter, add cabbage, thyme,
caraway seeds, spice, sugar, fry 10 minutes.
- Add wine, port, vinegar, bring to boil,
cover, cook over low heat for 20 minutes.
- Quarter, core and thickly slice the apples.
- Melt the remaining butter and fry the
apples for 4-5 minutes until lightly golden.
- Add to cabbage with the pan juices and the
- Cover, cook for 15-20 minutes until cabbage
- Toast pecan nuts over moderate heat.
- When cabbage is cooked, season to taste
with salt and pepper, stir in the nuts.
- Ready to serve
Get the above cooking ingredients here
to cook Vegetarian Recipes
Subscribe to our newsletter
More Dinner, Party Dishes Vegetable Recipes
101 Vegetarian Recipes All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |